Terms & Conditions
Last updated: July 14, 2018
Welcome to www.globalizeit.com, an internet platform ("Website") owned and operated by Globalizeit ("globalizeit", "we", "our", or "us"). In order to use the GlobalizeIt Service, as "Service" is defined below, you must agree to this Terms and conditions (this "Terms & conditions" or "Agreement") which govern your access to and use of our Website and Service. This Agreement contains many legal disclosures that you should read carefully.
This Agreement is a legally binding contract between you and GlobalizeIt. By using the Service, you agree to be bound by this Terms of Service and you agree that you are not barred under any applicable law from entering into this Agreement. If you are using the Service on behalf of an organization, you are agreeing to this Terms of Service for that organization and you represent that you have the authority to bind that organization to this Agreement. In that case, "you" and "your" will refer to that organization.
GlobalizeIt reserves the right to update and change this Terms of Service from time to time. Continued use of the Service after any such changes shall constitute your consent to such changes. You can review the most current version of this Terms of Service at any time at: https://globalizeit.com/terms
Overview / General Terms
- GlobalizeIt is a website providing certain services and multi-purpose translation tools (the "Service").
- We may change the Service over time as we refine and add more features and may need to stop, suspend, or modify the Service, content or features at any time without prior notice to you. We may also remove any content from the Service at our discretion.
Availability of the GlobalizeIt Service
- You understand and acknowledge that there may be interruptions in service both within and outside of our control. While we use reasonable efforts to keep the Service accessible, the Service may be unavailable from time to time for any reason including, without limitation, routine maintenance.
- You understand and acknowledge that due to circumstances both within and outside of our control, access to the Service may be interrupted, suspended or terminated. We retain the right at our sole discretion to deny service, or access to the Service to anyone or any account, at any time and for any reason.
Registration and Restrictions
- You are required to register with GlobalizeIt if you want to use the Service. You are solely responsible for your conduct, the content of your website and words, and your communications with others while using the Service. You are also solely responsible for any and all activities that occur under your account. In the course of your use of the Service, you may be asked to provide certain personalized information to us. Our information collection and use policies with respect to the privacy of such information are set forth in our Privacy Notice which is incorporated herein by reference for all purposes. You acknowledge and agree that you are solely responsible for the accuracy and content of such information.
- The Service provides features that allow you to share your words with others or to make it public. Please consider carefully what you choose to share or make public. GlobalizeIt has no responsibility for that activity. Additionally, you are fully responsible and liable for what you copy, share, upload, download or otherwise use while using the Service. Please do not copy, upload, download, or share files unless you have the right to do so.
- You agree to provide accurate, current and complete information to GlobalizeIt in connection with your use of the Service. You will immediately notify GlobalizeIt of any unauthorized use and you will not use GlobalizeIt to access or use third-party services to which you do not have the right to access. GlobalizeIt reserves the right to suspend or terminate your access to the Service if any information provided to GlobalizeIt in connection with your use of the Service proves to be inaccurate or incomplete.
You agree not to do any of the following while using the Service:
- Use the Service in a manner that: (i) infringes, misappropriates or violates a third-party’s patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret, moral rights or other intellectual property rights, or rights of publicity or privacy; (ii) violates, or encourages any conduct that would violate, any applicable law or regulation or would give rise to civil liability; (iii) is fraudulent, false, misleading or deceptive; (iv) is defamatory, obscene, vulgar or offensive; (v) constitutes child pornography or child erotica; (vi) promotes discrimination, bigotry, racism, hatred, harassment or harm against any individual or group; (vii) is violent or threatening or promotes violence or actions that are threatening to any other person; or (viii) promotes illegal or harmful activities or substances (including, but not limited to activities that promote or provide instructional information regarding the manufacture or purchase of illegal weapons or illegal substances).
- Access, tamper with, or use non-public areas of the Service, GlobalizeIt's computer systems, or the technical delivery systems of GlobalizeIt's providers;
- Attempt to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of any GlobalizeIt system or network or breach any security or authentication measures;
- Avoid, bypass, remove, deactivate, impair, descramble or otherwise circumvent any technological measure implemented by GlobalizeIt or any of GlobalizeIt's providers or any other third party (including another user) to protect the Service;
- Attempt to access the Service through the use of any engine, software, tool, agent, device or mechanism (including spiders, robots, crawlers, data mining tools or the like) other than the software and/or search agents provided by GlobalizeIt or other generally available third-party web browsers (such as Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Safari or Opera);
- Send any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, email, junk mail, spam, chain letters or other form of solicitation;
- Attempt to decipher, decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer any of the software used to provide the Service;
- Collect or store any personally identifiable information or personal health information in any manner that violates applicable law, applicable privacy policies, or any contractual obligation;
- Violate any applicable law or regulation; or
- Encourage or enable any other individual to do any of the foregoing.
License to Use and Access the Service
- Subject to this Terms of Service and any additional terms and conditions you may agree to with us, GlobalizeIt grants you a limited, revocable, non-transferable and non-exclusive license to use the Service.
- This Terms of Service does not grant you any title or interest in the Service, content, software or other intellectual property rights in or available through the Service. Nothing in this Agreement and/or in granting the License shall constitute a waiver of our intellectual property under any law.
- Any new features that augment or enhance the current Service, including the release of new tools and resources, shall be subject to this Terms of Service. Continued use of the Service after any such changes shall constitute your consent to such changes.
- Any use of the Service that violates this Terms of Service (including any violation of the restrictions set forth in Section 3.4 hereof) shall be determined by GlobalizeIt, in its sole discretion, and we reserve the right to terminate or suspend your account if we determine you have not complied with this Terms of Service. GlobalizeIt may also terminate or suspend your account if you are delinquent in any amount due to GlobalizeIt by more than 30 days.
- By using the Service you may submit to GlobalizeIt content such as files, phrases, or translations ("Content"). You agree to and hereby grant GlobalizeIt a limited license to use the Content as reasonably necessary to provide the Service. GlobalizeIt does not claim ownership of Content. Content added to the GlobalizeIt system is owned by the primary account owner(s) or the organization the primary account owner(s) are using GlobalizeIt on behalf of.
Data Privacy Laws
- By giving us access to data for us to collect, store, and process through the Services, you represent and warrant that you have all necessary consents or other authority under applicable law, including, without limitation, applicable data privacy laws, for GlobalizeIt to collect, store, and process such data consistent with this Agreement. You also represent and warrant that the transfer of data to GlobalizeIt by you or your end users, and GlobalizeIt's collection, storage, and processing of such data, will not violate any applicable law, including, without limitation, applicable data privacy laws.
- The Services may include features that make it possible for you to share words with others or to make it public. You agree that you are fully responsible and liable for what is copied, shared, uploaded, downloaded or otherwise made public in connection with your use of the Services. You will not copy, share, upload, download, or make public files unless you have the right to do so.
- You agree that you will not use the Services to collect, store, or have processed (or otherwise provide or have provided to GlobalizeIt) protected health information, as defined in the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996, as amended, and its implementing regulations (collectively, "HIPAA"), unless and until you and GlobalizeIt have executed a legal compliant HIPAA Business Associate Agreement ("BAA"), in a form approved by GlobalizeIt that governs the provision to and processing of such data by GlobalizeIt. You agree that it is your responsibility to notify GlobalizeIt of the need to enter into a BAA and to ensure that a compliant BAA is executed, prior to GlobalizeIt being provided with or processing protected health information.
- You agree that you will not use the Services to collect, store, or have processed (or otherwise provide or have provided to GlobalizeIt "personal data," as defined under the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 ("GDPR"), unless and until you and GlobalizeIt have executed a legal compliant data processing agreement ("DPA"), including provisions required under Article 28 of GDPR, in a form approved by GlobalizeIt that governs the provision to and processing of such data by GlobalizeIt. You agree that it is your responsibility to notify GlobalizeIt of the need to enter into a DPA and to ensure that a compliant DPA is executed, prior to GlobalizeIt being provided with or processing personal data on your or your end users' behalf.
- You agree to provide prominent notice to your customers that GlobalizeIt may process personal data on their behalf, including a link to our Privacy Notice.
Copyrighted Materials: No Infringing Use
- You will not use the Service to offer, display, distribute, or store any material that infringes copyrighted works or otherwise violates or promotes the violation of the intellectual property rights of any third party.
- GlobalizeIt respects the intellectual property rights of others and expects its users to do the same. In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 ("DMCA"), GlobalizeIt responds expeditiously to claims of copyright infringement.
If you are a copyright owner, or are authorized to act on behalf of one or authorized to act under any exclusive right under copyright and you wish to send GlobalizeIt a notice of alleged copyright infringement, complete the following DMCA Notice of Alleged Infringement and deliver it to GlobalizeIt's Designated Copyright Agent at email@example.com:
- Identify the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed, or – if multiple copyrighted works are covered by this Notice – you may provide a representative list of the copyrighted works that you claim have been infringed.
- Identify the material you claim is infringing (or to be the subject of infringing activity) that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, including at a minimum, if applicable, the URL of the link shown on the website where such material may be found.
- Provide your mailing address, telephone number, and, if available, email address.
Include both of the following statements in the body of the Notice:
- "I hereby state that I have a good faith belief that the disputed use of the copyrighted material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law, e.g., as a fair use."
- "I hereby state that the information in this Notice is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that I am the owner, or authorized to act on behalf of the owner, of the copyright or of an exclusive right under the copyright that is allegedly infringed."
- Provide your full legal name and your electronic or physical signature.
- This Terms of Service does not grant you any title or interest in the Service, content, software or other intellectual property rights in or available through the Service. You may choose to or we may invite you to submit comments or ideas about the Service, including without limitation about how to improve the Service or our products ("Ideas"). By submitting any Idea, you agree that your disclosure is gratuitous, unsolicited and without restriction and will not place us under any fiduciary or other obligation, and that we are free to use the Idea without any additional compensation to you, and/or to disclose the Idea on a non-confidential basis or otherwise to anyone. You further acknowledge that, by acceptance of your submission, we do not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to us, or developed by our employees, or obtained from sources other than you.
- The GlobalizeIt name and logo are the intellectual property of GlobalizeIt and are protected by copyright, trademark, and other laws of both the United States and foreign countries. This Terms of Service does not grant you any rights to use our trademarks, logos, domain names, or other brand features. Our partners may also have additional proprietary rights in the content which they make available through the Service.